We are in agreement that no photography equipment can replace knowledge and skill. Ultimately, the photographer is the one who is responsible for the images that are produced. It is a fact that a skilled photographer can take more visually pleasing pictures with an iPhone then an amateur can with the best Digital SLR available. That being said, photography equipment is a tool, and in the right hands, it can make all the difference and open of many creative avenues not normally available without it. Here is our (ever-growing) list of equipment.
Our studio uses extremely low light sensitive cameras, which are crucial to making sure that we are able to capture beautiful images of your wedding, no matter the restrictions put in place on us by the venues, or the technical difficulties we experience from time to time due to problematic lighting.
1. Canon 5D Mark III
2. Canon 5D Mark II
We are equipped with Professional “L” Lenses that can capture your wedding from every angle. These lenses provide the best sharpness, color, and contrast over any other lenses in the photographic industry. We shoot with a variety of professional prime (fixed focal length) lenses, and we have one telephoto zoom. Prime lenses generally provide much better image quality then standard zoom lenses, and in trained hands, are far superior then a standard zoom lens (the exception being the 70-200, which shoots like a prime lens).
1. Canon 35mm F/1.4L Professional Wide Angle Lens
2. Canon 50mm F/1.2L Professional Lens
2. Canon 85mm F/1.2L II Professional Medium Telephoto Lens
3. Canon 70-200 F/2.8L IS II Professional Zoom Lens
We are equipped with both small flash systems (Speedlights) for portability, as well as full studio strobes in order to take on any lighting challenge. All of our flash systems are triggered via radio frequency using the newest and latest technology available in order to ensure reliability. We are trained in both on and off camera flash techniques. Our lighting setup contains one or multiple of the following:
1. Canon 580EX II Flash Lights
2. Yongnuo Speed Lights
3. Einstein E640 Professional Strobe Lights
4. Paul C Buff Softbox, Octobox, 64″ PLM (Umbrella), Reflectors, etc
5. Paul C Buff Cyber Commander System
6. Paul C Buff CST Transmitter, and multiple CRSB+ Receivers
7. Vagabond Mini System for portable power.
8. Paul C Buff Large Softbox and OctaBox
9. Cheetah Stand Speedlight Qbox 24″
1. Boda Bag with waist system
2. Manfrotto Boom Stands with counterweights
3. Manfrotto 055XProB Tripod Legs with Manfrotto Ball Head
4. Tiffen Filters
5. Pelican 1510 Work Case with Lid Organizer
1. Apple iMac
2. Apple Macbook Pro 15″
3. Apple iPad
1. Wacom Intuos4 Medium Wireless
2. Adobe Photoshop CS5
3. Adobe Lightroom 4
4. HDR Soft Photomatix Pro